How to participateto Teams meeting without a Microsoft account?
It is possible to work with external people (without a Microsoft Account) in Microsoft Teams.
You can easily collaborate with people without a Microsoft Account.
You do not have to take into account how others have configured their technical environment. Whether you admit guests via hotmail or directly in Microsoft Teams - there is no difference.
Teams is built to be able to collaborate inside and outside your organisation. There are specific additional settings such as: outsiders may not start the meeting without people from your organisation, outsiders may not start a recording etc.. - but these have nothing to do with holding a meeting.
IT-Admins: Enable anonymous users to join a meeting participate
- Navigate to: https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/meetings/settings
- On the left, select Meetings - Meeting settings
- Under participants, select "Anonymous users can join a meeting participate" ON.
How to schedule a meeting with external parties
- Create your teams meeting via this blog
- Invite external people through the usual channels, via Teams or via Outlook.
- You do not need to do any manipulations or other actions to add externals. This works just like internals.
Start a meeting in Microsoft Teams
Detailed instructions, here.
More information: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/meeting-policies-in- teams
participateto Teams meeting via your browser without an account
If you are a guest at a Microsoft-Teams meeting and you work with your private computer, a Macbook, a Chromebook via Android or others, it is often convenient not to install the Microsoft Teams application.
You can attend a meeting via the web without having to install anything on your computer.
Click on the meeting link, then select open via web - continue in browser.