Users, servers & workstations analysis in Active Directory
You have an Active Directory environment and you would like to map how many servers, workstations & users are in this environment.
This can be part of a security-assessment but also to validate operational processes that computer objects but also users are removed or blocked in a timely manner.
- Through the Technet Gallery you can find several scripts that are useful to use in your environment.
- Download of this script: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Reports-of-devices-and-48ea0344
Copy the script to a domain-joined device or your domain controller
- Copy the script to your desktop
- Open PowerShell
- Start: GetReportsADEn.ps1
- You will find 3 CSVs
- Data from your 3 CSVs can be imported into Excel and via Text to Colums you can put it into a nice format.
- You can create a pivot to identify how many servers you have, what versions, what logon data, etc..
|SRV365TIPSDF03||TRUE||Windows Server 2016 Standard||31/01/2020 11:38||220.127.116.11|
|SRV365TIPSRBS01||TRUE||Windows Server 2012 Standard||30/01/2020 06:52||18.104.22.168|
|SRV365TIPSVW01||TRUE||Windows Server 2012 Standard||31/01/2020 12:09||22.214.171.124|
|SRV365TIPSWEB01||TRUE||Windows Server 2012 Standard||02/02/2020 14:08||126.96.36.199|
|SRV365TIPSZKKI01||TRUE||Windows Server 2012 Standard||29/01/2020 20:04||188.8.131.52|