🎥 Microsoft Teams: How to activate and use Cameo in PowerPoint Live?
Cameo is a new PowerPoint experience that seamlessly integrates your team's camera feed into your presentation, allowing you to customise how and where you want to appear on your slides and offering layout recommendations for optimal viewing.
Teams | What is Cameo in PowerPoint Live?
Cameo in PowerPoint Live allows users to integrate the presenter's Teams camera feed into PowerPoint presentations and customise how and where they appear on slides.
Cameo supports all the personalisation features offered by any other Office graphics object, such as Images, Gifs and Shapes. This includes layering a cameo between content, adding motion effects such as morph, changing styles and shapes.
How to activate Cameo for PowerPoint Live in Microsoft Teams?
- Participate as a presenter in a Teams meeting from a Teams desktop client.
- Click Share Tray to select/load a presentation with Cameo object already inserted and personalised in the PowerPoint slide.
- As soon as Cameo is detected on a slide in PowerPoint Live, we automatically switch to the enhanced presentation experience with Cameo. On a Cameo slide, your Teams camera feed will automatically appear fully embedded and customized in the PowerPoint Live slides. You can switch to other presentation modes or back to the slide view at any time.
- In addition, the power of Cameo also allows for real-time camera settings to be changed in Teams , such as changing the background, camera source or automatically switching the presenter's live camera feed during "take control" in the PowerPoint Live mode.
Condition for using new Teams features?
Microsoft Teams public preview can make new features more quickly usable in the tenant.
To do this, go to: Teams update policies - Microsoft Teams admin centre
Then click on Teams on the left -> Teams update policies.
Select the Global Policy and then select: Follow office preview.
Release date of Cameo in PowerPoint Live
- Feature ID: 87725
- Added to roadmap: 6/6/2022
- Last modified: 6/23/2022
- Product(s): Microsoft Teams
- Cloud instance(s): GCC, Worldwide (Standard Multi-Tenant), DoD, GCC High
- Platform(s): Desktop
- Release phase(s): General Availability
What is next on the roadmap?
In this Microsoft 365 roadmap you can find information about Microsoft Teams but also about: Excel, Microsoft Edge, Forms, OneDrive, Stream, Visio, Whiteboard, etc. Be sure to check out this page: Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365.
How to activate the weatherman mode in Teams? [Presenter mode]
How to customize your background with your own image in Microsoft Teams?
This is the solution if you can't add anyone to a private channel in Microsoft Teams
All you need to know about breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams: automatically close Teams meetings that remain open (Stale)