⏩ How to forward email messages in Exchange Online | Microsoft 365 manual
Email messages can be forwarded to colleagues, external contacts or external domains.
Forwarding messages via the Microsoft 365 admin Center
Email message forwarding at Microsoft 365 admin center.
- Navigate to https://admin.microsoft.com
- Under Users, find the desired user.
- Then press Mail.
- On the Mail tab, press Email forwarding.
- Choose an e-mail address to which you wish to send e-mails.
Forwarding messages through the old Exchange Control Panel (ECP)
- Click on the desired mailbox. This can be a user or a shared mailbox.
- Click on mailbox features
- Click to Mailflow View Details
- Click on Enable Forwarding
- Find the contact you want to send emails to
- If you want to send this outside your area it is best to create an e-mail contact.
- Press OK
- That's it! Your emails are now forwarded to a contact
Automatically distribute emails to multiple people (Internal + External)
Create a distribution list to use later for forwarding.
Create a list without an owner or participants.
Create the necessary contacts through: groups - Microsoft Exchange (office.com)
Add external contacts via groups - Microsoft Exchange (office.com)
Then press OK.
Internal people as well as external users can be added in one group.