Create a SharePoint list from Excel in Microsoft Teams
SharePoint Team sites bring documents, data & apps together. Adding a SharePoint list in Microsoft Teams is not always done via files. Via files, documents remain static, at least as far as the content is concerned. This means you can't automate much. A SharePoint list can contain up to 3,000,000, that is 3 million items and you can work on it in Excel, PowerApps, and on your mobile devices and PC. This blog explains in 15 steps how you can create a list in Microsoft Teams. Also publishing and sharing it so it will be visible to everyone in your organisation or team is included.
1. Start from your Microsoft Teams Application - In your Microsoft Teams click on 'Open in SharePoint
2. Navigate to site content
3. Select New -> List
4. Select one of the 3 ways
- Create new list
- Create existing list
- In this case, from Excel. If the file is on your computer.
5. Select your Excel file, press upload
6. Press create
7. Welcome to the new experience for lists!
8. Your list has been created
9. Make your tables more attractive
- You can adjust settings via column settings.
- You can assign colours to this column according to your own needs, etc.
10. Go back to Microsoft Teams
12. Select -> SharePoint
13. Select your list and press save
14. Your data is now easily accessible in Microsoft Teams
15. Most importantly! Your whole Team💬 will see that the new list is integrated and they will get a new notification.
Reasons to work with a SharePoint list?
No static files, versions, etc.
one fixed place
Automations with PowerAutomate
Data feeding, automatic processing
3,000,000 records. What you can work with from anywhere.
Also readAll about Microsoft Lists.