The best way to share a PowerPoint presentation in Microsoft Teams
ARGHHH!!! Often you see people sharing their screen and sharing a non-presentable presentation.
There is only one way to share a PowerPoint presentation via the built-in Microsoft Teams presentation mode and weatherman mode. And it is the best way.
If you are looking for instructions on how to share your screen, read this blog!
1. How to share a Microsoft Teams presentation via presentation mode
2. Select Share content - to start sharing
3. Choose PowerPoint or upload a PowerPoint presentation
Select your recently used PowerPoint presentation OR click Browsing and find your presentation on Microsoft Teams or OneDrive.
4. Users have the possibility to navigate through the slides themselves
The 2 arrows allow participants and the presenter to navigate through the slides.
5. How to prevent participants from navigating through the slides themselves?
You can prevent participants from being able to go to the next slide during a presentation.
Activate weatherman mode or presenter mode in Microsoft Teams?
Meeting participants are usually more focused and have a better experience when they see a presenter during a presentation. An interactive presenter also helps to guide an audience, along with visual cues.
- After your meeting has started, select Share content in the top right corner of Teams.
2. Under Presentation Mode, select the desired mode. Also make sure that your camera is switched on.
Select Customise and choose a background image before starting the presentation.
3. To start your presentation, choose a screen or window on your PC or device.
4. When your presentation starts, the Presenter Toolbar appears briefly at the top of your screen. The toolbar allows you to change presentation modes on-the-fly, give control to another person and record computer sound.
5. Press the 2nd button to activate Presenter mode.
How to download and install Windows 11
Share your screen in Microsoft Teams - Whiteboard & Presentation
Start a PowerPoint presentation from your phone
Save a message for later - Microsoft Teams
Roles in a Microsoft Teams meeting
Why and how to start with Microsoft Teams?