🔢 How to use multiple accounts in Microsoft Teams on one computer?
The demand for using multiple Microsoft Teams accounts in a single application is skyrocketing as more and more organisations move to Microsoft Teams. People work for multiple organisations and need a single application in which multiple accounts can be used.
Until now, it has not been possible to log into one application with two Microsoft 365 business accounts. It is very likely that Microsoft will not offer a solution any time soon, as Teams-telephony and other features are not well combined.
There are 3 ways to solve this:
- Login to Microsoft Teams with one business and one private account at the same time.
- Or you can use the less important account in a web browser. In this blog you can read how to do this.
- Install Outlook or Microsoft Teams as a PWA App.
1. Instructions for adding a personal account in Teams
Tap on your name and then select - add personal account.
Add your personal account to Microsoft Teams.
2. Use the Teams application and a browser at the same time
Working in several windows is the most practical solution. You can perfectly use the most frequently used account in the Microsoft Teams application. And use a second Microsoft Teams application via the web.
- First, you can put your browser next to your application.
- Open your Microsoft Teams application on Windows 10.
- Open your Edge browser (or other) and put this window next to your other window.
- From now on you will see 2 of the same teams open. Open your chat on the left and your meeting on the right.
Install Microsoft Teams in Edge browser for faster access
Install the Microsoft Edge Browser from the download site.
Open the browser for the first time.
Press add profile after you have installed your edge.
3. Install Microsoft Teams, Outlook Online as a PWA app
It is possible to install Outlook Online and Microsoft Teams as Progressive Web Apps. This has the great advantage of improving stability and speed. Tip: Installing Outlook online as a PWA app in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge?
You can also install Windows 11 in Hyper-V. It is then possible to log in to a second virtual computer via Hyper-V. The big difficulty is to be able to use sound and webcam in the VM properly and to combine it with the normal version of Teams.
How to get started with a Microsoft Teams implementation.
Enabling remote access to collaborate in Teams
Basic guide for Microsoft Teams
Block download of O365 files on an unknown device
Teams Disable guest access for one Team without PowerShell
Microsoft Teams personal and work/school can now run side by side - ALTA-ICT