Migrate personal data to OneDrive with the SharePoint migration tool!
Why is it best to use the SharePoint Migration tool for personal documents?
- If you have a deep folder structure you can't just drop the folders into OneDrive. (sync client) and the client is not going to sync some files, very inconvenient.
- For example, if you have multiple computers, and wish to migrate specific data or just a lot of data.
- You use your own computer and don't have a computer from work or don't want to use the OneDrive client.
1. Download the SharePoint Migration Tool
2. open the Migration Tool
- Migrate file shares or SharePoint Server sites to SharePoint Online , OneDrive for Business and Microsoft Teams
- Start your first migration!
3. What content do you want to migrate?
- Select File Share
4. Select your source
- Select the folders you wish to migrate.
5. Select the destination
- Login to https://portal.office.com and navigate to your OneDrive
- Copy the URL from the browser to your destination in the SharePoint Migration Tool
- https://m365tips-my.sharepoint.com/personal/info_365tips_be/ (voorbeeld)
6. Review migration
- Click Migrate!