How to install and activate Azure AD connect for Microsoft Office 365?
Azure Active Directory creates a connection between on-premises active directory and Azure Active Directory.
Objects are synchronised from the local AD to Azure Active Directory. Which also Office 365 is part of.
Prerequisites for Azure AD Connect
Modify all UPNs to the target e-mail domain.(Add Domain Guide)
Don't make it too confusing for your users and choose one identifier - A best practice is to change the UPN to the e-mail address. Often Microsoft services such as Skype or OneNote ask you to log in with your email address.
Video instructions to install and activate Azure AD connect for Microsoft Office 365?
1. Download Azure AD Connect
Install Azure AD Connect
- Install Azure AD Connect to a server in your domain.
- Open the installation file. The screen below is the first thing you see.
- Click Continue
3. Connect to Azure Active Directory (AAD)
- Enter your Azure AD Global Administrator account
- Please enter your password in.
- Enter your password again (at MFA)
Are your domains not seen by default? Add them using this blog.
4. Connect to ADDS (Active Directory Domain Services)
- Enter your Active Directory Enterprise Administrator Credentials
That is it!
- All users are now synchronised from your on-premises Active Directory to Office 365 /. Azure AD.
- It is important, of course, to synchronise the UPNs with the e-mail address so that you have the same logins as today.
Remove Azure AD Connect and make all objects cloud managed
Invite people to use Teams for free
Micrososoft 365 deployment in multiple tenants from 1 AD environment
How to import users and guests in CSV in Office 365 or Azure AD?