Remove Azure AD Connect and make all AD objects cloud managed
In a hybrid environment, it is difficult for many administrators to manage users and e-mail objects on-premises. Rights in the Cloud. Members of groups in both places.
Do you want to solve this and fully manage all user objects, distribution groups, mailboxes contacts in the cloud?
What are the advantages of Azure AD managed objects?
- Easy management in Microsoft 365.
- Groups have managers and can easily be managed by third parties.
- The shift to the cloud is clear. No more confusion.
- Self-Service and MFA is easier to implement.
- No dependencies in the local infrastructure.
- Modern infrastructure armed for cybersecurity risks.
- A dynamic environment that is not tied to the systems within the business environment.
Disadvantages of a hybrid cut?
- Users exist 'twice'. You have a use on-premise and online with the same user name.
- On-premises AD gets new users.
- Passwords are no longer synced from your on-premises AD.
- Self-Service with password write-back and other features you use from the cloud to On-Premise disappear instantly.
If you opt for full-cloud, it is advisable to migrate more services to Microsoft 365 & Azure so that the dependency on your own systems will decrease. This scenario is best done when you have decided to phase out your Active Directory and other applications and continue in the Cloud.
How do you make all AD objects cloud-only?
This user is synchronised for now. (see on the right)
Enter your username & password.
You are now connected to the MsolService
Set-MsolDirSyncEnabled -EnableDirsync $False
It can take up to 72 hours before you will see the status on your users. This depends on the number of users. Learn more: Microsoft Docs
Sync is stopped
You can now azure Ad remove connect.
If you do not continue with Azure AD Connect, please also remove this software.
If you want to go far and get back in sync, run through the Azure AD Connect Wizard again.
Installing Windows 10 + bringing devices into modern management with Intune
Add devices in Endpoint Manager - Azure AD or Hybrid Join
How to install Azure AD preview module with PowerShell?
Make your organization safer with one click thanks to Azure AD Security Defaults