How to shut down, restart or hibernate a Windows 11 PC
Windows 11 is the latest version of Microsoft's operating system with new search functions in the Start menu, vertical tabs, more widgets, a revamped store and much more.
Shutting down Windows 11 with shutdown
You can always turn off your computer by going to the Start menu and clicking on the power icon. Then you can select "Shut down".
Right-clicking on the Windows icon is a 2nd possibility. Right-click on the Windows icon and then press shutdown.
How can you restart Windows 11?
You can always restart your computer by going to the Start menu and clicking on the power icon.
You can then select "restart".
Restarting or shutting down Windows 11 from the home screen
Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete on your keyboard. Then click in the bottom right corner and choose "Exit".
How do you restart your computer via PowerShell or command prompt?
In an PowerShell f command prompt you can restart or shut down your Windows 11 computer.
Exit via PowerShell?
Restart at PowerShell?
Windows-X key with multiple possibilities
Press Windows + X to activate the menu with the following options: apps and features, power options, event viewer, system, device manager, network connections, disk management, computer management, windows Terminal, task manager, settings, file explorer, search, run, shut down or sign out, desktop.
Restarting in Safe Mode in Windows 11
Press Windows key + I to activate the settings menu.
Select at Recovery -> Advanced startup
Schedule a shutdown task in Windows 11 - scheduled task
1. Start Task Scheduler. You can start it by going to the Start menu, typing Schedule into the search bar and choosing Schedule Tasks.
2. When Task Scheduler opens, click Create Basic Task.
3. Enter the name for your task, for example shutdown.
4. Now choose When do you want the task to start. In our case we will choose Once.
5. Now enter the time and date at which the task will be performed.
6. Then choose Start a program.
7. Click on the Browse button and go to C: \ Windows System32 and select a file called Shutdown. Then click on Open.
8. Now in the Add Argument field, add -s and click Next. ( -s = shutdown)
9. Now you should see the task information. You can check it one last time and if you are satisfied with your settings, click Finish to schedule a shutdown.
How to download and install Windows 11? Instructions, tips & tricks!
How to remove and block Microsoft Teams in Windows 11?
Tutorial: How to enable dark-mode in Windows 11?
How to make a printscreen, screenshot or snapshot in Windows 10 or 11
How to edit a Hosts file in Windows 10 or 11