How do I add external guests in Microsoft Teams?
In this blog you can read how to add guests or external contacts in Microsoft Teams.
There are 3 other methods to cooperate with guests in Teams. You need these methods if it is not permitted by the IT department or organisation to make contact with the outside world.
1. Create a new Microsoft Team or use a current Team
2. Activate guest access - guest access (adminstrator)
To be able to add guests to Teams this must be activated within your Office 365 tenant. This can be done via this URL:
This is only available to Microsoft Teams administrators or Global Administrators in Office 365.
3. Add external contacts to teams
Adding guests to Teams is actually easy for a user to do himself.
- Navigate to the team you wish to add a guest to.
- Add the user based on their e-mail address.
- You may receive a message to confirm that you allow the addition of third parties or externals. You may accept this.
- Tap on Add Member
Add external contacts via this wizard. then press Add. This can also be done for 100 users (or more) simultaneously.
The recipient will see an icon of the teams to which they have accessin their Microsoft teams .