💁 How to add remote guests in Microsoft Teams?
In this blog, learn how to add guests or external contacts in Microsoft Teams.
There are 3 other methods to cooperate with guests in Teams. You need these methods if it is not allowed by the IT Department or organization to contact the outside world.
1. Create a new Microsoft Team or use a current Team
2. Activate guest access in the Teams Admin Center - guest access (adminstrator)
In order to add guests (guest-login) to Teams have this activated within your Office 365 tenant. You can do this through this URL:
This is only available to Microsoft Teams administrators or Global Administrators in Office 365.
3. Adding external contacts in Microsoft Teams
Adding guests to Teams is actually easy for a user to do themselves.
- Navigate to your team to which you wish to add a guest.
- Based on their email address, add the user.
- You may receive a notification to confirm that you allow third parties or externals to be added. You may accept this one.
- Press Add Member
Enter external contacts using this wizard. then press Add or add. This can also be done for 100 users (or more) simultaneously.
The recipient will see in their Microsoft teams an icon of the teams in which they have access.