Microsoft 365 Apps deployment with Endpoint manager in 8 steps
In this blog, you'll learn how to Office 365 ProPlus easily deploy and update on all Windows devices.
Office 365 includes: Word, Access, Excel, OneDrive, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher and Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft Teams deployment is part of the click-to-run intune deployment.
- Microsoft 365 Business, E3 or E5
- A separate Intune License. (If you do not have the above)
- A trial license of Microsoft Intune.
- Your domain added to your tenant.
- Configured your DNS records for device management properly.
- Access your Office 365 environment (Global Administrator)
1. Login to the administrator portal of Endpoint manager
- You can log in at https://devicemanagement.microsoft.com
2. Navigate to Apps - all applications
- Click Apps under favorites
- Click on All Apps
- Click on Add
3. Select Windows 10 or higher under Office 365 Apps
4. Select configuration designer
- Enter a name for your Suite
- Enter a description of your Suite
- You can choose to display the apps in the company portal.
Optional: You can create an Office Apps package with help at http://config.office.com.
5. Select the apps within Office 365 that you wish to install.
- It is recommended that you install all the apps included in your subscription. If you have a Office 365 E3 license then the configuration below is perfect.
6. Update channels
- Choose 64-bit installation.
- Select monthly update or your personal preference.
7. Add app
- Click add at the bottom
Your Office 365 'package' is ready
- Press finish.
8. Assign the application to at least one group.
- Click Allocations.
- Add group
- Allocation type: Required
- Create a group or choose 'require this app on all devices'
- To create groups and set up licenses properly check this blog.
- Create a group by type of users to keep your IT organization transparent and simple.(personas)
- Give licenses to groups, not people.
- Create simple logical groups by "department"/need.
Install Outlook online as a PWA app in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge?
Tutorial: Share Microsoft Outlook emails in Microsoft Teams
Emoji support in Outlook, Windows 11 and Microsoft Teams
How to password protect emails in Microsoft 365 or Outlook?